Header Ads

An interesting diagram that shows what can cause acne on different areas of the face.






I read that any acne on the cheeks is probably caused by stress and stomach problems, unlike the hormonal chin acne I wrote about. In fact, while researching on the topic, I came across an interesting diagram that shows what can cause acne on different areas of the face.

Here is the diagram taken from acnereport.info: 

Ways to get rid of acne scarring:
Recommended ways to get rid of acne scarring include regular exfoliation such as using something containing salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid, to help alleviate the appearance of red marks caused by acne breakouts. In the past, I tried using the Murad AHA/BHA cleanser for my chin acne and it did work well but this time I didn’t. Maybe I should go back to using it again. But I don’t understand why the skin on my cheeks don’t work the same way as the skin on my chin or my forehead. Because it is thicker?

Never squeeze acne on the cheeks:
So I have learnt my lesson. I love to squeeze my zits but based on this experience, I am NOT ever going to touch acne on my cheeks anymore! In future, I’ll just apply evening primrose oil to calm it now that I know it works. I’ll definitely have less scarring issues to deal with that way.

Wait and be patient:
Anyway, I know the scarring will eventually be gone but it’s just taking longer than I wish for. Meanwhile, I’ll continue to use my Vitamin C serum, apply my rosehip oil diligently and try exfoliating with the Murad cleanser. And if anyone has other suggestions that have worked, do let me know.